This Is Me

My photo
all images other than computer generated are personal photography and copyrighted property of myself, please do not use without consent, thank you!

Worship Mix

10.02.2016

Another Chance

So today is Oct 2nd. And I am a day late starting, forgive me. I was away all day yesterday and most of today and was afraid I had missed my chance but here I am and although I might not get as much done as many I will still fight my way through to get as much done as I can this year. I have no theme or idea what I am doing but this is my outlet so I will just forge ahead and if you follow great if not, good luck on your endeavors. Feel free to leave comments and lead me to your links as well. Ok so.  It was a busy weekend. Between an information meeting Friday night and then a memorial and a symposium Saturday and church today, yes, today is still Sunday whew lol. A little bit about me, I am 42 and have FASD and ADHD and depression so half the time my brain isn't working and the other half it's half working so staying in a straight line can be difficult for me but I will try lol.I guess I just keep adding the new days links to my landing page or main blog on here? I'm still trying to figure that out so that's how I will do it for now.  Todays message at church was actually a great encouragement. The symposium yesterday was a meeting of christians and muslims, it was at a local mosque here in the city and the topic was salvation, discussed from both a christian and muslim viewpoint. It was interesting to hear for sure. Personally, in terms of debate I considered it rather weak. But I have to remind myself that debate wasn't really the point. The main focus was that with the forum we got the chance to get the gospel preached to some muslim people that otherwise might not have had the opportunity to hear it, and we got to do it on their grounds, in their place of worship. As far as I know it's a first for Calgary? I have talked to many people and debated many topics in various religions but youtube videos are alot different than in person. And I wasn't involved I just sat back and watched and listened and took notes. But the message this morning was given by the man that came from Toronto to give the christian representation in the symposium. And part of that was about persecution. It brought me back to my youtube days and of all the discussions and debates I have had with atheists and muslims and the reactions I recieved from various groups of people. I've been called every name in the book, and a few new ones. I've had videos made mocking me and degrading me, I've been virtually spat on and threatened, and harrassed in real life because of that. Some of the things at the time shocked me and some downright disgusted me and offended me. Looking back I can see just with a better perspective how that hate of me was not of me but of the God I spoke of, the God I brought with me. Somewhere along the line I lost my confidence and stopped doing the videos and I didn't realise just how God had been using that venue in youtube. I was surprised to see just how many people the whole thing was completely new to as well.  Alot of the information given over the weekend I already knew from my youtube days and dealings, but I discovered many did not know some of these things. We tend to get caught up in our own little bubble with blinders on. We believe what we are taught and what we know is right but we have no clue as to what others really believe, only that they do not believe as us. It is important to get out of our comfort zone. I mean, we can't stay in a closet and hide and expect the message to get out there, if we don't do it how can we assume that others will? And, it's not our light to hide we are just vessels.Anyways I'm going off track. I just found it encouraging and it confirmed to me that I was doing exactly what I was supposed to be doing and it is awesome how God uses us to get His message out there in spite of ourselves.He also talked about salt and light which I found fascinating. I might share that tomorrow if I remember. But at least now I have a starting point for this year and we'll see if I make it past the 8 days of last year LOL. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, share your thoughts on todays post!

Where in the World...?