This Is Me

My photo
all images other than computer generated are personal photography and copyrighted property of myself, please do not use without consent, thank you!

Worship Mix

10.03.2015

Day 2: Overcoming

One of the greatest obstacles I make for myself is comparing myself to other people. Whether it is in writing, or parenting, or photography or being a christian. I look at other people and wonder how they can do so well, have it all together, have the strength and energy and motivation to get so much done, and here I am feeling like I am doing nothing at all. It's a daily reminder to tell myself, I am not them. It's okay for me to go my own way at my own pace because it's not about them. Let's face it,  it's not even about me. On any given day, everything I accomplish, everything I do or say or have, is, or, SHOULD be, about Him. 
   Psalm 155:1 says "Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness!"
When I wake up each morning it's not because of my own power. It's because He has given me a new day to live. A brand new start. Every person in this world, wakes up not by their own might or strength. For me that's a good thing, because I hate mornings and if it were up to me they'd start at noon lol.
It becomes draining, to compare yourself to other people, yet, it is something I don't even realize I am doing most of the time. It's a horrible habit I m trying to break.
 James 1:17 says "Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow."
If we learn to understand the word "good", we know that it doesn't mean good in our terms but in His. And that His faithfulness is unwavering despite our worry and our mistrust.  

 And if Matthew 6:26 is right ""Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?", we should know that He gives us what is good out of His love for us.  
 All comparing seems to do is cause us to worry. We worry about not being good enough, yet it is nothing we can do anyways. We worry about what others think, being accepted. When the only acceptance that matters, we already have, we just don't accept it because we're too busy worrying about being good enough, see the cycle? 
So today, I will not worry. Today, I will not compare. I am no better than others, and I don't want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, share your thoughts on todays post!

Where in the World...?